Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ramblings in Rogersville and a Visit to Lifeway

Yesterday, I spent the morning and early afternoon with my very good friend and kindred spirit, Sue. We met while we worked at the same hospital, but Sue has since retired (a year ago today!). We are trying to stay in touch by meeting for lunch, window (mostly) shopping and conversation. I drove to her town of Rogersville and we had a great time looking through some precious shops there. She found some gifts she needed, and so did I. We ended the morning at a coffee shop for a salad lunch. The food was great, the shop uncrowded and we had a wonderful visit.

Sue (on left) and I are standing in the courtyard entrance of the coffee shop. We think alike on so many things, and we have the same curly hair. Hers is now a beautiful shade of gray.

Lifeway Excursion

On the way home to Hartselle from Rogersville, I decided to stop in Decatur at our Lifeway store. I wanted to pick up Beth Moore's new book 'John, 90 Days with the Beloved Disciple'. I also needed a couple of cards to send to some folks. There is something about a Lifeway store. I cannot get out of there with just what I went in to get. I did get the book and three cards, but also found a few other things:
1)This cross plaque was precious and so perfect for my green half-bath. The other art work I have in there are two framed prints of ferns, so this blends very well and fills that blank space on the wall.

2) & 3)
2) I was wanting 'My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers', and they had a special 50% off in store sale, so what else could I do but buy it?

3) I don't think I'd ever noticed the baby corner in the store, but as we are expecting our first grandchild in October, I'm noticing a lot more baby things everywhere I go! This Baby's First Year Calendar jumped out at me.

I had a full Lifeway card (you get one punch on the card each time you make a purchase, so I got another 20% off my total!

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Karen,
Thanks for your prayers. My husband works on an oil drilling rig in the gulf of mexico and was evacuated to Lafayette, La. So I drove the 2 hours south to be with him, since he can't leave his crew.
We have rooms booked in Tyler, Texas but aren't sure we can get there now. So it looks like we will be in the Middle of the storm..
Continue to pray not only for us, but the men that are here and there families are home.

And San Antonio was wonderful. When Travis and the praise team sing, it is all I can do to stand it. And Beth always has such wisdom.

Keep us in your prayers,
Cassie

Sharron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharron said...

OK-I am totally impressed with your blogging abilities!

I think after seeing that sweet restaurant I need to get out more. I 've never seen anything like that in ROgersville......of course, I just see the highway, Mickey D's and a strip shopping center on my way to my daughter's home in FLorence. I 've never been downtown, which is where I assume you were!
You did really well at Lifeway! I forget everytime I am in there to get my card punched!
Love the cross in your bathroom!
YOu did good!

Love
Siesta S