Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Post!

Finally I am composing my first post! After being with all the blogging siestas in San Antonio this past week-end, I've been inspired. We were at the Living Proof Live event and heard the word brought by Beth Moore. Praise and worship with Travis and the praise team was awesome. On top of the actual event, I got to participate in the Siesta Fiesta. Of the 10,000 ladies at the event about 1000 ladies from all over the country gathered for the Siesta Fiesta and to meet each other. Many were familiar because of the blog world and being brought together by the LPM blog at www.lproof.org.

I flew to San Antonio with my dear siestas Sharron and Dianne. What a time we have when we are together! My goodness, we seem to be able to talk endlessly even when we have just seen each other the day before. Dianne has a philosophy that there is a song for every occasion, and I have come to believe it. She will break out in song at a moment's (or less) notice. Sharron joins right in! They are very entertaining! Just ask the siestas that were on our flight from San Antonio to Dallas! In fact, one siesta from Nebraska was on the phone to her husband and D and S were singing in the background. I heard her tell her husband, "that's the singing siestas!"

Sharron and Dianne, the Singing Siestas

Beth always has quite a word to share with us. Truly a God given word. This week-end it was that we are heiresses. We are co-heirs with Christ. Yes, many of us have grown up knowing this, but she really impressed the reality of it upon us.

I'll share the main gist of the message, but without elaboration. (Maybe in a later post I'll add more details.) The scripture passage she used was Psalm 16. Read and re-read it and soak it in!

Here we go:
God's inheritance always involves three things: 1) God's Presence 2) People--God gifts us with one another 3) Property--we have real land waiting for us in Heaven

Eight truths:
1) I am an heir of God. My life is not left to chance.

2) I am an heir of God. I am inheriting a kingdom.

3) I am an heir of God. He is my portion...and I am His!

4) I am an heir of God. The down payment has been made. (The Holy Spirit with us now is the down payment of our inheritance then.)

5) I am an heir of God. My boundary lines form a pleasing place. (Pleasant=sweet)

6) I am an heir of God. The will has been activated. (A will is only activated upon death. By Jesus' death, the will is activated.)

7) I am an heir of God. I can be secure. (Our theology has not become our reality if we continue to walk in insecurity. WOW what a word that is!)

8) I am an heir of God. I have a beautiful inheritance.

Dianne, Sharron, Cindy and Karen

At the Alamodome after LPL and just before the Siesta Q&A with Beth and here daughters Amanda and Melissa. We were so blessed to meet Cindy at lunch at Pico de Gallo on Friday. We ate with about 60 other Siestas. The four of us walked back to the Riverwalk together.

1 comment:

Sharron said...

WOW! I am so in awe of yours and Dianne's talent. I love you posts, especially the re-cap of Beht's message. And the photos are priceless. What a time we had. YOu get an A++ for this, siesta. Keep em comming!
I believe we could colaborate and write a small book of our adventures. One thing for sure, it would not be "boring"!!!!!!!!!

Love you
SS