Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to Will!

Yesterday was Will's 15th birthday. It wasn't too exciting for him I'm afraid. The fun did pick up once we went to the AT&T store to pick out a new phone for him. He had a hard time choosing from all the options, but he finally decided on a Samsung Impression. Pretty cool phone, at least from a mom's perspective. He seems happy with it. Later, after supper, cake, ice cream and gifts from relatives, his friend Hunter came over to spend the night and all day Saturday.









I am fortunate to be Will's mom. He is smart, sweet, kind, considerate, athletic, gifted in the arts and just wonderful! Who knew 15 years ago, I would be the shortest in the family, and Will is on the way to be the tallest, even beating his dad and brother! I love all my boys!

SPRING!

"Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the flowers is?"

That is a quote my English teacher mother always put on her chalkboard in her classroom on the first day of spring! I think it was the only time she was ever grammatically incorrect, and of course, it was on purpose! I can never face the first day of spring without thinking of this quote! Thanks, Mother!

Today IS the first day of spring! I'm going to get out and rake up some leaves this morning. I think I need grass seed for my front yard too. There is so much I want to do in the yard, but right now it is so soggy out there!

No comments: